Comments, Compliments and Complaints.
Bright Shadow makes every effort to provide a high standard of service and to treat all participants, clients and colleagues equally and fairly. We continuously try to improve our services and we value any feedback that will help us to do this.
Bright Shadow will review all comments, feedback and complaints on a regular basis. This helps us to develop activities and services that work best for you, so please let us know what you think. We report on user feedback in our internal progress reports, on our website, to funders and in our organisation’s annual report.
Compliments and Comments
If you are happy with the service or have any comments we would love to hear from you. There are a couple of ways you can do this: either speak to one of the staff members, email us, post on our Facebook page or write to us.
We also want to know if there is any part of our service that you are unhappy with. We take all feedback seriously and we will take action when appropriate to do so. All complaints will be dealt with in a timely and professional manner. Please note that Bright Shadow may publish the replies given to any queries raised, but will respect the confidentiality of the individuals concerned.
How to make a complaint
The first thing to do if you are unhappy about any aspect of our services is to bring this to the attention of one of Bright Shadow’s staff members. They will try to resolve your concerns immediately. If you are unhappy with the way your complaint has been handled by the staff member or have a complaint about the way you have been treated by one of the staff members/volunteers then please contact the Chief Executive Officer.
If you cannot or do not wish to make a complaint in person, you have the option of emailing, writing or telephoning the Chief Executive Officer.
If you wish to complain about the Chief Executive Officer, please direct your complaint in writing to Alison Culverwell, Chair of Trustees, at the Bright Shadow address, marking your envelope PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL.
What you can do to help us deal effectively and quickly with your complaint
Contact us as soon as possible giving clear details so we can endeavour to resolve the issue. Specify clearly what aspect of the Bright Shadow service you wish to make the complaint about.
Including the following details will help us to effectively and quickly investigate your complaint:
- The specific area, service or resource to which the complaint applies.
- Your name and contact details: this is essential, as we will not investigate anonymous complaints.
- Outline the nature of your complaint as precisely as possible, this will help us to investigate further and hopefully to resolve the issue. Please include details such as the place and time the incident occurred.
- Please let us know if you have already reported the complaint, and if any action was taken previously.
Please note that we endeavour at all times to treat our participants, clients and colleagues with respect, and we expect the same standards of behaviour from them in return.
What we promise to do to help resolve your complaint:
- Your complaint will be dealt with in a professional and confidential manner.
- Your complaint will be assigned quickly to the most appropriate person to deal with the complaint, who will investigate the matter fully and communicate regularly with you until the issue has been resolved.
How and when we will respond:
We will acknowledge any e-mailed complaints within 5 working days of receipt. Postal correspondence will receive an answer or acknowledgement within 5 working days. You will receive a full response to your written complaint within 10 working days.
Clare Thomas, Chief Executive Officer or Alison Culverwell, Chair of Trustees
Beach House, Beach Street
Herne Bay, Kent, CT6 5PT
Telephone: 01227 467 272